Why choose a Community College?
Why choose South Coast Colleges?
(South Coast Careers College/Adult Ed Community College)
Welcome to South Coast Colleges and congratulations on taking the first step towards an inspired future. Here at SCC we want to make you feel welcome and at ease as starting something new can be a little overwhelming.
This information is to help you to prepare for study at SCC and to understand what to expect when you join us. And remember if you need anything at all our friendly staff are here to help.
Here are a few reasons why you should study with us
- We are local. We work with you face to face and are responsive to your needs. We will support you to achieve your potential and participate fully in employment, community and continuing education.
- We have offices in Batemans Bay, Merimbula and Ulladulla and deliver quality courses throughout the region from Ulladulla to Eden. We offer career qualifications that are recognised throughout Australia and internationally as well as Customised Training, Traineeships and Lifestyle courses.
- SCC is a friendly and supportive learning environment. No matter what your background or previous learning experience we can assist you in reaching your goals and also help you determine and set new goals.
- In 2013 we celebrated our 30th year of providing quality community education. We are part of Community Colleges Australia (CCA) who has over 238,000 enrolments and more than 6.9 million student contact hours delivered across NSW.
- We have highly experienced and qualified staff who will assist you in gaining the hands-on skills and qualifications you need to excel in your career.
- Our student support services will not only help you to successfully complete your course but can also assist with further education choices, career planning and the skills required in preparing for employment.
- SCC is an Approved delegate of the Australian Skills Quality Authority http://www.asqa.gov.au/vet-registration/delegations/delegations.html
“Our class has become a tight-knit family with great friendships formed. I never imagined I’d be so passionate about working in Aged Care, my passion has been found, the work I do is incredibly rewarding and something I pride myself in.” SCC student from the Pathways to Careers in Health Program 2013.
What extra help do you get?
As an SCC student, you’ll get help in finding work, financial and career advice and study skills support. Naturally, you’ll have internet and email access and great College facilities such as classrooms with interactive Smartboards. As well as our informative website, we communicate with you through social media. Join us on Facebook. Learning and Support Services, as well as many Trainers, use social media to help you.
Our Student Support staff connects employers with our students and graduates who are looking for work. We can help you with career resources like a resume builder, information sheets and website links. We also give you updates on student career and industry events and employment preparation workshops.
What’s the first step?
Feel free to come in and have a chat with us or email if you prefer, our friendly and supportive staff are always ready to answer any questions you may have.
We also run Information sessions on a regular basis to provide you with detailed information on a particular course that you are interested in. The dates will be on our website and also our Facebook page.
Enrolment is then the first step in your time at SCC. It is when you confirm your place within your course, pay your fees and gain access to other important information. Our staff can help over the phone 02 44729202, via email email@example.com or face to face at one of our campus locations.
At enrolment you will receive a Welcome Pack which includes most of the information available on this webpage.