COURSE OUTLINE – RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
Nationally accredited Confined Space Entry Training course, designed to teach participants how to identify confined space hazards and work safely in confined spaces.
The course has a large focus on safety procedures and practical scenarios relevant to your company’s confined space operations. Satisfactory completion of this course will result in the awarding of a Statement of Attainment in the Nationally Recognised Competency RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces- CPD Points 16
This unit includes
- competency required to work in a confined space (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections.
- entry and exit procedures,
- assessment of associated risks
- how to operate safely in a confined space which is at atmospheric pressure during occupancy.
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements are needed to undertake this course. Specifically you would need the ability to:
- Read permits, and other safety related documents such as safe work method statements
- Read and understand safety signs
- Read equipment such as oxygen testing equipment
Who needs this course?
The target group will be construction workers requiring training in safely working in confined space at work sites within:
- Civil construction
- Coal mining
- Extractive industries
- Metalliferous mining
People who supervise but do not necessary enter confined spaces need to be aware of the risks and equipment checks that need to be in place to adequately protect people under their control and should also do this course.
- Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment: RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- Students who successfully completed this qualification may be eligible for entry into further study such as: Certificate III In Civil Construction (RII30909)
- Full Course: 7 hours face-to-face training
- Refresher course: 7 hours face-to-face training*
There is no legislative requirement for refresher training for any units of competency from National Training Packages. It is suggested that refresher training could be conducted every 3 years. This refresher training is at the discretion of the employer.