February 2018 intake – enrolments will be accepted until end February 2018.
Funded places are still available! Register at the bottom of this page.
This Certificate IV in Ageing Support includes Disability electives. The skills and knowledge are mainly transferable between aged care and disability.
For facilities, any currently unqualified staff must hold a formal qualification – this is a great option to upskill staff without disrupting current shift patterns!
This course will provide you with the training and skills development to assist you to gain work in the healthcare sector, Aged and Disability Support – predominately Disability Focussed.
This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- Completion of full qualification preparing you for the sector and building foundational knowledge.
- Work placement will enable you to transfer your theoretical learning into a workplace.
- One day per week 9:30am-3pm.
- Will start this year and then complete June 2018.
- Batemans Bay,
- Ulladulla, and
- Funded places are available which may entitle you to a fee-free scholarship or subsidy, please contact the College to determine your eligibility.
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
If you have any questions or require any clarification please contact the College on 4472 9202 or register below. Information about this course has been copied from the myskills.gov.au website.