COURSE OUTLINE – CHC43015 – Certificate IV in Ageing Support
In care facilities, any currently unqualified staff must now hold a formal qualification. This course will provide you with the training and skills development to assist you to gain or retain work in the healthcare sector, Aged and Disability Support. Completion of full qualification will prepare you for the sector and build foundational knowledge.
This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services either in residential, home or community-based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisational guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation, and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
This Certificate IV in Ageing Support includes Disability electives. The skills and knowledge are mainly transferable between aged care and disability.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- Work placement will enable you to transfer your theoretical learning into the workplace.
- To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency, the College will assist you with work placement.
- This course runs One/ Two days per week 9:30am-3pm.
- Batemans Bay
- Funded places are available which may entitle you to a fee-free scholarship or subsidy, please contact the College to determine your eligibility.
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
If you have any questions or require any clarification please contact the College on 4472 9202 or register below. Information about this course has been copied from the myskills.gov.au website.