Statement of Attainment includes 2 units of competency:
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTHPS007 Administer and monitor medications
- Three full-day workshops (9.30am – 3pm) one session each fortnight.
- Students will be existing workers in the industry and must be employed with a suitable workplace that is accessible for the college to conduct the required observation assessment.
- This training must be requested by your workplace. Funding opportunities may entitle you to fee-free training or courses. Eligibility applies.
This skill set is for people working in various care and support roles in the community services or health sector who wish to develop skills in the administration and monitoring of medications. This skill set has been endorsed by the industry as suitable for individuals who hold a qualification at Certificate IV level or higher in an area involving the provision of direct client care or support. Final assessment and observation will be in the workplace (multiple occasions, medications, residents).
South Coast Careers College offers employees of the Health and Community Services sector access to quality, flexible and cost-effective education and training. The College has identified demand for upskilled and specialised Health and Community Services workers on the South Coast. We have put together this list of professional development skillsets to address the growing needs of local employers and existing workers. These short courses are suitable for employees who work in the community or in a facility, from disability support workers to allied health practitioners, leaders, business support staff, students and volunteers. These courses provide information on changes in the sector and allow students to maintain a relationship with other industry employees in our region.