Statement of Attainment includes 3 units of competency:
- CHCLAH001 Work effectively in the leisure and health industries
- CHCLAH002 Contribute to leisure and health programming
- CHCLAH003 Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health programs
- Three full-day workshops (9.30am – 3pm) one session each fortnight.
- Students will be existing workers in the industry and must be employed with a suitable workplace that is accessible for the college to conduct the required observation assessment.
- This training must be requested by your workplace. Funding opportunities may entitle you to fee-free training or courses. Eligibility applies.
This skill set is for people working in various care and support roles in the community services and health sectors, who wish to develop leisure and health skills to further their career development. Students will be existing workers in the industry.
Final assessment and observation will be in the workplace delivering the planned leisure session.
South Coast Careers College offers employees of the Health and Community Services sector access to quality, flexible and cost-effective education and training. The College has identified demand for upskilled and specialised Health and Community Services workers on the South Coast. We have put together this list of professional development skillsets to address the growing needs of local employers and existing workers. These short courses are suitable for employees who work in the community or in a facility, from disability support workers to allied health practitioners, leaders, business support staff, students and volunteers. These courses provide information on changes in the sector and allow students to maintain a relationship with other industry employees in our region.