CURRENTLY TAKING EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR THE DIPLOMA OF NURSING COURSE
PLEASE REGISTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled Nursing)
The Diploma of Nursing has been designed to equip students with the up-to-date skills and professional insight you need to develop a long lasting career safeguarding the health of others. Throughout the course, you will be equipped with the essential skills required to work as an Enrolled Nurse within a variety of health and aged care settings.
These skills include communicating with patients, working in a team, medication, and clinical nursing duties. This nursing course is your chance to start a career working in one of our most vital industries. A graduate from a Diploma of Nursing program approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) is able to apply for registration with AHPRA as an enrolled nurse.*
Is the Diploma of Nursing suitable for me?
If you are looking for a change in career or are looking to start your career in Nursing, this is the course for you! The Diploma of Nursing assumes no prior knowledge of Nursing, so NO nursing background is required.
The course is also appropriate for those who have been working as an AIN/PCA/HAS and wish to move to the next level.
- Part-time – 18 months (Includes 400hrs of unpaid industry experience).
- South Coast Careers College implements a variety of methods to meet individual learning needs. Blended learning is a key component that includes a combination of face to face, virtual, online, self-directed, text and workplace based learning opportunities.
- Classroom learning is a trainer-led approach in a classroom.
- Online learning or ‘e-learning’ is the use of technology, such as the internet and computer to enable you to learn anytime and anywhere. Online learning can take place in the classroom, workplace, at home or at a public library.
- On-the-job learning takes place in a workplace and can be via employment or a work placement. This type of learning allows you to get hands-on, practical experience.
- This is when you are required to undertake some learning independently.
- All prospective students must attend an information session and complete a literacy and numeracy assessment.
- Applicants are required to declare their physical and emotional capacity to safely perform the duties associated with direct care work.
- Recognised Prior Learning – In some circumstances, South Coast Careers College will be able to grant students with some Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) if you have completed previous nursing studies.
Career Pathways – Enrolled Nurse
- Nursing is a community service career. The nursing field is a growing one and nurses are in high demand. Job security is high.
- Nursing graduates enjoy consistently high employment rates and strong median salaries. For example Public Health System Nurses’ & Midwives (State) Award 2015 – Enrolled Nurse 1st year – from 1/7/16 $1029.60 per week.
- A Diploma of Nursing may be used as credit towards a Nursing Degree. Some Universities may allow Endorsed enrolled Nurses to enter Bachelor of Nursing degrees in the 2nd year.
Register below or for more information Contact our Nursing Course Coordinator Nikki Van Diemen 02 4472 9202.
* Currently awaiting approval from Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council