Course outline – My Care Career
Statement of Attainment in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) predict that in the next 20-50 years, at least 1 in every 5 people in the country will be aged 65 or older! This is putting huge pressure on the aged and community services industry to ensure the country has enough qualified healthcare workers. It is important that workers provide the kind of support and quality of life we expect for our elderly Australians.
My Care Career is an introduction to the Community Services industry and teaches you what to expect when working in the community services industry. This part qualification will allow you to specialise in one of the three areas of personal care – disability, aged care, and home and community services. We believe that hands-on experience is extremely important in the health and community services industry.
As a student in this My Care Career Course, you will gain an understanding of how the industry works and receive experience in handling real-life situations! This opportunity will increase your employability when your you applying for jobs after graduating as you will have received a minimum of 50 hours work-placement in a local facility.
Kick start your career in disability services with this entry-level part qualification. Gain the practical skills and knowledge to provide individual support in home and community care settings in the Eurobodalla.
This program is in partnership with the ESC’s Jobs and Training Project, with industry partners providing workplace mentoring, work placement, and potential employment outcomes. This program is phase one of your pathway to a rewarding career in health care.
- Batemans Bay
Statement of Attainment Achieved:
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS05 Provide individualised support
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- 2 day per week for 7 weeks, to complete the above units of competency in a classroom with our trainer
- Then, two weeks of work placement with a minimum of 50 hours over the two weeks, with access to a workplace mentor at your facility!
- Once placement is completed, you will then return to class to finalise the program
- Funded places are available which may entitle you to a fee-free scholarship or subsidy, please contact the College to determine your eligibility.
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
If you have any questions or require any clarification please contact the College on 4472 9202 or register below.