NOTE: If you hold the RSA already, and your photo ID card has not expired by more than 28 days you cannot complete this Face to Face training. Refresher training must be completed online through Liquor and Gaming NSW. (Scroll to the bottom for more information).
Course Outline: NSW Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (SITHFAB002)
By law all full time, part time and casual hospitality staff, promotional personnel, directors, and volunteers, who work or are involved in servicing or supplying alcohol must complete the accredited course in RSA NSW – L&G NSW approved & ASQA Accredited SITHFAB002 from SIT Training Package Cert III Level. This course covers the RSA skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders. After completion of this NSW RSA course, state and territory liquor authorities may require candidates to complete a bridging course to address these specific differences between states.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Club secretaries
- Club directors (if they serve alcohol)
- Service staff
- RSA Marshals
- Security staff
- Promotional staff
Responsible practices must be undertaken wherever alcohol is served and sold. This course applies to any workplace situation where alcohol is served and sold, including all types of hospitality venues, retail liquor outlets and tourism venues such as wineries, breweries, and distilleries. Training and assessment must be contextualised so that the requirements of specific industry sectors and workplaces are met.
Summary of the Course Contents
- Gain understanding of the effects alcohol has on the community, individuals, staff and licensed premises
- Gain understanding of the Laws, offences and associated fines
- Prevent underage drinking
- Effective control of intoxication
- Enhanced customer service skills to prevent and control anti-social behaviour
- Understanding of harm minimisation directions
- Understanding of the safe exiting principles to prevent drink driving
The above course will be conducted by industry professionals who are fully accredited trainers.
- In a workshop/ Classroom environment
- Student handbook issued to all students
- Assessment will be by group discussion and a theory examination at the completion of the course
Applying for Your Photo ID Licence
- Upon the successful completion of this RSA course, participants receive a Statement of Attainment from the RTO. Students will also receive an RSA Interim Certificate issued by Liquor & Gaming (L&G) to comply with new regulations. The RSA Interim Certificate is the temporary licence for working purposes and will last for 90 days from course completion date.
- Students must take their Interim Certificate with 100 points of identification to a Service NSW outlet to process the RSA Photo ID Competency Card – the official licence issued by L&G NSW which lasts for 5 years from course completion date.
- For more information on applying for your Photo ID Competency card click here. Your course price includes the $70.00 NSW RSA Course Photo Competency card fee.
- 6-hour face to face classroom course
- Batemans Bay, Ulladulla, Merimbula, Narooma, Bega
RSA REFRESHER TRAINING
- If you are new to the liquor industry or returning to a job requiring RSA competency after five years, you need to complete a full training course and obtain an interim certificate.
- Refresher training is mandatory for anyone seeking to renew an RSA competency for five years.
- If your competency card is reaching its expiry, you need to complete online refresher training as part of the renewal process.
- See Liquor & Gaming NSW website for details.
The NSW RSA course (SITHFAB002) is state-based legislation and only valid in NSW. This RSA course is fully approved by the Liquor & Gaming NSW and is recognised by ASQA.