Unique Student Identifier (USI) Information
Are you undertaking Nationally Recognised (accredited) Training? If so, you need to obtain your Unique Student Number before enrolling.
Obtain your Unique Student Number
From 1 January 2015 it will be a requirement under Commonwealth legislation that all students, both new and continuing, have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI).
As you are enrolled with the South Coast Careers College you will need to apply for a USI and there are two options for you do so:
1. Create a USI yourself. If you choose this option, complete the following steps:
- Read and follow the steps provided in the USI Student Information Fact Sheet Click Here – (usi_student_identifier_quickguide)
- Write down your USI and keep it somewhere handy and safe
- Notify the college of your USI number via email or phone as soon as possible
2. The College can apply for a USI on your behalf. If you choose this option, complete the following steps:
- Please read, sign and return the USI Privacy Notice (see attachment below)
- Complete the Unique Student Identifier (USI) Application Form (see attachment below)
- Supply a copy for one valid form of ID from the list below:
Birth Certificate (Australian), please note a Birth Certificate Extract is not sufficient
Visa (with Non-Australian Passport) for international students
Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Once we have applied for the USI on your behalf, you will receive information from usi.gov.au either by email, SMS or letter (depending on your preferred contact method) with further steps to complete the setup of your USI, including setting up a password.
We encourage you to obtain your USI yourself as this can easily be done online at www.usi.gov.au. However, if you require the College’s assistance to obtain a USI, please follow Option 2 above.
- Unique Student Identifier Application Form
- USI Privacy Notice
For further information click on the Youtube link: