Youth Mental Health First Aid
The Youth Mental Health First Aid course, approved by Mental Health First Aid Australian (MHFA) will teach you how to assist adolescents who may be experiencing a mental health problem or mental health crisis until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves.
- With a focus on improved mental health literacy and early intervention, Youth MHFA is for adults who work, live or care for adolescents such as teachers, school support staff, parents, sports coaches, community group leaders and youth workers.
- Intervene early: Recognise the warning signs of mental health problems in young people
- Provide Skills: Provide the skills needed to speak openly and accurately about mental health
- Respond in a Crisis: Respond in crisis situations where a young person may be at risk of harm
- Reduce Stigma: Reduce stigma and increase support for young people with mental health problems
South Coast Community Colleges may have funding available for students, to find out more about the eligibility please enquire on 02 4472 9202 or email email@example.com
Check out our Facebook Page too.