COURSE OUTLINE – CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
Are you working within the Disability sector already and would like your formal qualification? Or would you like to change careers and work with people with a disability to support them to achieve their life goals?
Working with people with disabilities is a rewarding and varied experience. With the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) it is anticipated the disability workforce will need to more than double in the coming years. South Coast Careers College are offering Accredited Training for new or existing Disability Workers in Ulladulla and Batemans Bay in preparation for the NDIS.
This qualification reflects the role of workers who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing in a range of community settings including clients’ homes. Workers actively promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work placement. Your Work Placement is coordinated by the College.
- You will also be required to undertake a National Police Check and a Working With Children Check.
- Information about this course has been copied from the myskills.gov.au website.
- Batemans Bay
- Funded places are available which may entitle you to a fee-free scholarship or subsidy, please contact the College to determine your eligibility.
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
If you have any questions or require any clarification please contact the College on 4472 9202 or register below.