By law all full time, part time and casual hospitality staff and promotional personnel, directors and volunteers that work or are involved in gaming related functions or duties must complete the accredited course in RCG NSW – Liquor & Gaming NSW approved & ASQA Accredited SITHGAM001 from SIT Training package Cert III level.
NOTE: As of 1 January 2015 you will need a USI (Unique Student Identifier) to complete this course. For more information please call our office on 44729202 or go to http://southcoastcolleges.edu.au/usi-unique-student-identifier/
NSW Provide Responsible Gambling Services (SITHGAM001)
By law all fulltime, part time and casual hospitality staff and promotional personal, directors and volunteers that work or are involved in gaming related functions or duties must complete the accredited course in Provide Responsible Gambling Services (SITHGAM001).
This includes but is not limited to
- Club secretaries
- Club directors (if they serve alcohol)
- Service staff
- RSA Marshals
- Security staff
- Promotional staff
Operational job roles would include gaming attendant, table game attendant, croupier and multi-skilled food and beverage attendant.
This RCG course is fully approved by the Casino Liquor and Gaming Control Authority and Liquor & Gaming NSW and is recognised by ASQA.
This course describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide responsible gambling services, and information to customers who require assistance with their problem gambling. The Provide Responsible Gambling Services course also relates to satisfying the requirements for providing responsible gambling services under state and territory legislation.
The terms used to describe this vary across state and territory regulatory bodies and can include responsible conduct of gambling(RCG) and responsible service of gaming or responsible service of gambling (RSG).
Responsible gambling services must be provided wherever gambling activities are undertaken. In the hospitality industry, the gambling environment is usually referred to as the gaming area and is provided in a range of venues such as hotels, motels, clubs, pubs and casinos.
Gambling is defined as the risking of money on uncertain events driven by chance. The major forms of gambling are wagering (racing and sport) and gaming (gaming machines, table games, Keno and lotteries). Both forms of gambling are relevant to the hospitality industry.
Summary of the Course Contents
- Context of problem gambling and statistics relating to problem gambling
- Impacts associated to problem gambling i.e. impacts to: community, individuals, families, licenses premises, staff and the gaming industry.
- Comprehensive look at the legislative framework (Gambling laws)
- Ethical approach to promotion of gambling
- Prevention strategies to reduce problem gambling
- Overview of benefits to the community, Individuals, families, licensed premises and staff and the gambling industry that can be achieved by following and implementing a responsible gambling approach.
- The responsible provision of gambling services is an essential skill for any level of hospitality personnel involved in the sale and service of gambling activities in licensed premises, including the licensee, gaming supervisors and gaming managers when involved in operational gambling activities.
The above course will be conducted by industry professionals who are fully accredited trainers.
- In a workshop/ Class room environment
- Student hand book issued to all students
- Assessment will be by group discussion and a theory examination at the completion of the course
Applying for Your Photo ID Licence
Upon the successful completion of this RCG course, participants receive a Statement of Attainment from the RTO. Students will also receive a RCG Interim Certificate issued by Liquor & Gaming NSW (L&G) to comply with new regulations. The RCG Interim Certificate is the temporary licence for working purposes and will last for 90 days from course completion date.
Students must take their interim certificate with 100 points of identification to a Service NSW outlet to process the RCG Competency Card – the official licence issued by L&G NSW which lasts for 5 years from course completion date.
For more information on applying for your Photo ID Competency card click here.
Price includes $30.00 NSW RCG Photo Competency Card fee
The NSW RCG course (SITHGAM001) is state based legislation and only valid in NSW.
Course Duration – 6 Hours face to face delivery